The first stitch that you’ll need to know to create your knitted masterpiece is the knit stitch. In this video, Jen Lucas will teach you how to do the knit stitch.
To create knitted fabric, you need to know just two basic stitches – the knit stitch and the purl stitch. The knit stitch is commonly used on the right side work and creates a stitch that looks like the letter “V.”
When knitting, it’s important to find the method that is most comfortable for you. There are two common ways to knit:
– English/Throwing: yarn is held in right hand
– Continental/Picking: yarn is held in left hand
Whatever method you choose, the stitches are created the same way:
– With yarn in back, insert the right needle from front to back through the stitch on the left needle.
– Wrap yarn around right needle and pull through the stitch on the left needle, making a new stitch on the right needle
– Drop stitch off the left needle
-New stitch has been created on the right needle
Remember that learning any new skill takes time and practice. With a little patience and practice, you’ll be creating beautiful pieces with your knit stitches in no time!